Deilah Lowery or "Aunt Dee" as she was called learned the art of hand dipped candy making in the 1920's. She and her husband Garret Lowery, known to the family as "Uncle Beanie" opened their own candy shop in their home in Muncie, IN to begin our family tradition in the 1940's.
In 1964, when Aunt Dee and Uncle Beanie sold their candy business, they sold their famous recipes to Uncle Beanie's sister, Pauline (Lowery) Good and her husband John. At this time, John and Pauline's daughter Nelda (Good) Coon also learned the fine art of hand dipping chocolates from Aunt Dee. John or 'Grandfather John' raised turkeys on their farm North of Kennard, IN, and during the fall of 1965, in a converted garage, he and Pauline began selling peanut brittle and the Original Good's Candies was born.